In a time when marketing is all around us, companies often have to come up with new and creative ways to get us excited. Some go the viral route, others hire famous spokes people.
Samsung did well with this idea. Let some computer geeks build something awesome and have fun with it. They chained 24 SSDs together to create a whopping 6 Terrabyte array. They run various speed tests and even test the drive integrity by bouncing on a trampoline while dangling them from their chords. Yeah, they make the computer geeks a little geekier than they need to be, but who didn’t get excited to see those transfer speeds?
Related Posts: On this day...
- Lively and insightful technical history of the Internet - 2011
- VeriFone vs Square - 2011
- Samsung 55" 1080p LED LCD HDTV for $1600 shipped - 2010
- RSA encryption has not been broken - 2010
- Newegg terminates supplier relationship over counterfeit Core i7 CPUs - 2010
- What is PIFTS.exe? - 2009
- Firefox Updates to 3.0.7 - 2009
- Society of Automotive Engineers kills DRM on its journal following MIT boycott - 2008