You already know that with a little URL-hacking, you can skip to a certain time in YouTube clip embedded on your blog. Now you can do the same within the comments on a clip at the YouTube site. The TechCrunch blog describes how:
To specify a point, append a tag to the end of your video link with the following syntax: “#t=1m45s” (you can change the numbers before the ‘m’ and ’s’ to edit the minutes and seconds, respectively).
If you don’t have a blog and you don’t comment on YouTube, but you do want to share just the good part of a clip, you want the TubeChop webapp. There you can enter a YouTube clip URL, set the start time and end time of the best part using a slider, and send the chopped clip URL via email or on your site.
Related Posts: On this day...
- Online hackers threaten to expose cartel's secrets - 2011
- Privatized prisons in Arizona helped draft laws to send people to prison - 2010
- The Texas Chainsaw Massacre - Top Horror Flicks of All Time - #3 - 2010
- Netflix streaming on its way to the Wii - 2009
- Pittsburgh sports fans need only apply... The Legend of Deuce Skurcenski trailer - 2008
- HOWTO: Order pizza from the command line - 2008
- ExploitMe: Free Firefox Plugin - 2007
- Intro to Reverse Engineering - 2007